Thursday, June 4, 2009

The best bag money can buy

If you play golf regularly, you tend to see the same golf bags alot. A lot of my buddies carry the same type bags that you see on TV. These are called "staff" bags. Sometimes you'll see folks carry bags that are lighter and have those "legs" on them.

These are stand bags.

I'm more into the staff bags, like my buddies, mainly because you can get more stuff in them and they're easy to get clubs in and out of. I wouldn't recommend walking with one of these loaded puppies on your back...unless you want to be a little sore tomorrow.

But as I was saying, you see the same bags a lot. I like being a little different. That's the thing I liked about the new adidas staff bag you see pictured above. You don't see it often (and I may be ruining that for the few of you who do carry it) and it is the best looking bag on the market right now.

The black adidas is carried by Sergio Garcia on the PGA Tour. Most TaylorMade/adidas staffers carry the white, black and red company issue below. That TaylorMade is the one that and several of my buddies carry. It's a solid bag, too.



The adidas bag has brushed synthetic leather construction and reminds me a little of a golf bag version of the old Air Jordan patent leather sneakers. The bag is shiny, black and beautiful. It's got a 9.5 inch top (I would only change to make this a full 10.5 top) and a six-way divider to get clubs into.

It's got all the pockets, including an insulated water bottle sleeve that works a whole lot better than just sticking your Diet Coke into the cart cup holder. An integrated umbrella holder is nice and the rubber feet get a good grip, so your staff bag doesn't go blowing onto its side on the range because of the slightest gust of wind.

Happened to you, too?

Bottom line, for me, there are two great looking staff bags out there right now.

This great adidas product is one and the new Callaway (pictured below) is the other. For me, the adidas gets the edge, because like choosing another sedan instead of an Accord or Camry, you won't see one like it on every other hole.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LW, I like those. How much for the adidas?

Marcus Sergeant said...

Those bags are generally about $299. I agree with Lang on this one. That Adidas one looks sweet. I may have to get one.!

Anonymous said...

Speaking of Cally and TM, Langston, which is better R9 or FT9?

Anonymous said...

Sign me up for that sweet black Adidas.

tom79 said...

Staff bags? Who uses 'em. I use a stand bag, as I walk whenever posssible as the USGA suggests. My stand bag is made by a blonde kid that came out of Ohio 50+ yuears ago...its a good bag.

Anonymous said...

Good piece Langston. I need a new bag. I was thinking of a new stand bag and now I may go bigger.